Our goal is to enhance the well-being of adults, children and families in our community by providing services that promote greater personal happiness and health, and more fulfilling relationships. Our core values are compassion, cooperative partnership with clients, and effectiveness of services.
Usually, the first session involves an in-depth discussion of your background and the problem that led you to seek therapy as well as affording you an opportunity to become acquainted with your clinician. Following a thorough evaluation, including a review of your own treatment goals, a course of psychotherapy may be started. The range of psychotherapy services available through Tampa Bay Center for Relational Psychology includes:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples/Marital Psychotherapy
- Family Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Career Counseling
Each of the psychologists practicing at Tampa Bay Center for Relational Psychology have a preference for using treatment strategies which have received research support for their effectiveness.
Examples of these interventions include Gottman Method Couple Therapy and cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy for depression and anxiety. We believe the best care is tailored to patients’ specific treatment needs and goals and is an effective and efficient form of intervention.
Your psychologist will often build ongoing assessment into the therapy process to assist in identifying problems accurately as well as to monitor your progress in treatment. We provide care to you in a caring, respectful climate - appreciating the struggles you are experiencing and encouraging and supporting you in making changes.
There are many situations and issues that prompt an individual, couple or family to pursue psychotherapy. Our services are often sought for the following reasons:
- Managing stress
- Learning to control unwanted or unhealthy habits
- Developing an optimistic outlook on life
- Improving self-esteem
- Coping with grief, bereavement or other major life stressors
- Managing mood, including seasonal or holiday depression
- Coping with stressful or traumatic life events
- Handling difficulties in adjustment to a major life change
- Marital and/or relationship problems
- Improving marital communication
- Adjusting to retirement and effects on the couple
- Support with infertility and the effects on the couple relationship
- Military family issues such as managing deployments or adjusting to spousal PTSD
- Improving couples’ sexual lives
- Handling separation and divorce
- Coping with medical illness for yourself or for a loved one
- Understanding child or adolescent development
- Establishing good habits for children
- Parenting skills
- Dealing with problem child behavior
- Improving parent-adolescent communication
- Limit-setting with children and teenagers
- Issues related to adolescent launching
- Career indecision and changes
The clinicians of Tampa Bay Center for Relational Psychology are frequently contacted by community groups, schools, agencies and other organizations to provide public speaking services for the general public.
We are happy to participate in these educational events as a community service and can work with groups of any size.
We also offer many seminars and workshops at our center. Please check our Groups page for more information about current offerings.
If you wish to arrange for a TBCRP clinician to participate in a community event sponsored by your organization, please contact us at assistance@TBCRP.com.